A Stumble Can Prevent a Fall
As the saying goes, a stumble may prevent a fall and when it comes to balance, a stumble may indeed be a strong wake-up call that all is not well. Moreover, research has shown that loss of balance and mobility is not just a fact of life as we grow older. Those individuals most at risk of falling can often be identified or helped.
Go Ahead and take the balance test:
- Can you stand up from a chair without using your arms?
- Do you always feel steady when you stand or walk?
- Can you balance on one leg?
- Can you walk without a cane or other assistive device?
- Do your shoes fit properly?
- Can you see well without glasses or bifocals?
- Can you hear well in a noisy room?
- Do you feel you are as active as you would like to be?
- Do you have a nightlight or lamp in your bedroom? Have you removed all of the throw rugs in your home?
If you answered NO to one or more of the above you are at risk of falls.
The Falls Prevention Program
In a safe controlled setting we'll use the latest technology to test mobility, strength and balance skills. With this information we can customize a training program to keep you active and reduce your risk of falls. Your therapist will work with you until you feel confident and secure in your abilities. In many instances these services may be covered by your insurance plan.
Jaworski Physical Therapy is offering a FREE Balance Screening. The screen takes about 15 minutes and 4 activities are scored to determine your chance of falling.
Please call us today at 440-366-5993 for more information or to schedule and appointment.
Don't let the fear of falling keep you from enjoying life!
[ Back to Services ]